Fortune Brands is a home and security consumer products company. We began trading on the New York Stock Exchange following our spin-off from Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE: FO) on October 4, 2011. Today, Fortune Brands is a Fortune 500 company and part of the S&P 500 Index.
As an independent company we’ve created substantial value for our shareholders. In 2013 we issued our first dividend of $0.10. Since then, we've consistently paid and increased our dividend. As of 2020, the Company dividend is $0.26, a significant increase from the initial offering. See our dividend history.
We operate in only the most attractive and profitable product categories – those that are consumer-focused, where strong brands and innovation matter. Our company and products are frequently honored for excellence, product innovation and customer satisfaction.
Fortune Brands is headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, just north of Chicago. Our company of 27,500 associates is led by a highly-experienced executive team. Our associates and facilities are primarily located in the United States, but we also have teams and operations in Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, Japan and more. We plan to expand our global footprint.
We’ve made smart investments in capacity and capabilities and have deployed cash to strategically grow the business, including these acquisitions:
- 2020: Acquired LARSON, the North American market leading brand of storm, screen and security doors, further expanding into outdoor living. LARSON joined our newly renamed “Outdoors & Security” segment.
- 2018: Acquired Fiberon composite decking as part of our newly created Doors & Security business segment, gaining entry into the exciting outdoor living market.
- 2017: Expanded our Global Plumbing Group (GPG) by acquiring Victoria + Albert and Shaws.
- 2016: Acquired Riobel, Rohl and Perrin & Rowe, broadening our Plumbing segment's overall product offering beyond Moen, the number-one faucet brand in North America. Additionally, created the GPG, which enables us to reach a broader group of consumers with an expanded brand and product portfolio, as well as to accelerate growth in our Plumbing segment.
- Earlier Acquisitions: Other acquisitions include WoodCrafters cabinets, SentrySafe personal safes and Norcraft cabinets. View our mergers and acquisitions highlights.
In 2020, the Company posted net sales of $6.1 billion. We remain focused on growing organically and through strategic acquisitions.